|Date of birth|
July 13, 1982
|Place of birth|
San Francisco, CA
Cash is the daughter of poet and novelist Kim Addonizio and Buddhist teacher Eugene Cash, and the granddaughter of Wimbledon champion Pauline Betz Addie and sportswriter Bob Addie.
She is an alumna of the San Francisco School of the Arts and holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the University of Minnesota/Guthrie Theater Actor Training Program.
Cash's television appearances include Brotherhood, Law & Order, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Law and Order: Criminal Intent, Mercy, and The Newsroom. Cash was also a series regular in the 2011 Fox comedy Traffic Light, which ran for one season. She currently stars in the FX Network series You're the Worst as Gretchen Cutler
Cash's film credits include The Oranges, Winter of Frozen Dreams, Off Jackson Avenue, Begin Again, The Bits In Between, and The Happy House. She had a small role as Janet, Jordan Belfort’s assistant in The Wolf of Wall Street.
Additionally, Cash has numerous Off-Broadway credits, and in 2014 starred in the world premiere of Zoe Kazan’s play Trudy And Max In Love.
Notes and Trivia
- Cash is married to Josh Alexander (2012 - present) .
- She is the daughter of award-winning poet and novelist Kim Addonizio and the granddaughter of Pauline Betz.
- Cash graduated from the Guthrie BFA acting program at the University of Minnesota.
- Cash is a graduate of San Francisco School of the Arts.
- In 2013, Cash was named one of the "Backstage 30" actors about to "break out" in Backstage.
- In 2014 she was named one of "10 Comic Actresses Who Deserve A Big-Screen Leading Role" by Indiwire.com
- Cash is a resident of New York City.